Saturday, September 27, 2014

Cloudy Vision



Clouds. We are all familiar with clouds. And some would say especially here in the Pacific Northwest, we know clouds. 
But I have had clouds covering my dreams now over this last year and a half you have found a lack of farm activity.  My vision was clouded. 
I have always had a dream of this life we started 8 years ago.  When I was really little the dream was even bigger.  Now I know I’m exactly where I ought to be at the level my heart and soul can handle.  Because lately I haven’t been able to handle much.

There are a couple reasons for my renewed interest in blogging.  The first is that it really is fun to show my friends and family what we are doing in life and to keep a kind of journal of our life.  But the second reason is that I feel a real need to be real.  We often, without realizing it most of the time, tend to show our best to the screen world.  I am guilty as charged.  But sometimes I think we need to help each other out by sharing our struggles and hurdles and downright failures.  We fall flat on our faces over and over and it’s hard.  It’s the reality of it all.

Nothing is perfect. Life is messy. Relationships are complex. Outcomes are uncertain. People are irrational.  –Hugh Mackay

Here is the imperfect. 



This is my "backyard". Behind the cabin. Overgrown and messy.  Actually the whole property kind of looks like this.  Do you know how hard it is to keep back an invasive, non-native blackberry bramble from taking over the land? 

Most days I feel it to be impossible.  But slowly and surely we will win that fight. It will take time, a lot of time and effort and sweat and tears, but we will win. Just not today. Because for now I’m off to build a dog run for that new Anatolian pup, Bey.  He needs a place within our place to call home.  

TTFN

1 comment:

grammafaithie said...

You WILL do it.. you are determined and you CAN do it so I know you WILL! I'm behind you all the way and willing to help whenever, however I can!