Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Habits



Sitting down and thinking about all that needs to be done is completely overwhelming sometimes.  My world is growing in around me. The kids are growing up. The contents of the house grow and spill out.
 
Everything grows at rates that seem to go faster every day.



 I grow too, I hope, by the grace of God.  But the rate of my growth is at a pace that that cannot compare. It’s molasses in winter kind of pace.

So as I face one day at a time I will face my “to-do” list one day at a time, one bullet at a time.  With more and more efforts being put into creating habits to help mark off the list.

 
“A habit is what we wear: A habit is the way we wear our days.
Wear new habits and your life gets a makeover.
Consistently do things at the same time everyday and find yourself a new person.” –Ann Voskamp of A Holy Experience

Ann Voskamp is one of my favorite writers.  She is forever inspiring and challenging me to move forward, never give up. 



So my goal for this day, for this week, for this month is to learn to “wear a habit.” I will, by the grace of God, find a rhythm that works and “consistently do things at the same time every day”.  One thing at a time, one habit at a time, to mold the day into the beautiful handiwork of God.  


No comments: